Hear best practices for building a reel from Liz Laine, a Chicago-area director's rep, then start building your own reel.
- The Portfolio Center provides 1:1 production assistance that range from business card design; logo or branding, print book and or cd/dvd cover to type treatment in addition to editing your reel.
- If you're new to the world of portfolios or just need a refresher on the basics, start here.
- Interviews for internships, jobs, informational interviews and Show Off reviews at the Portfolio Center will revolve around your portfolio. The tips in this guide will ease the process and, hopefully, your nerves.
- Basic concepts that will give you a point of entry into a more comprehensive understanding of copyright law, when you need it.
- In addition to a portfolio, creative professionals use a fistful of materials to support their efforts for getting work. Learn the ins and outs of making these materials cohesive and eye-catching.
- If the terms vector, layer and composite are foreign to you, you're not a graphic designer. Still, graphic design is essential in the packaging and branding of your work. Seek out the assistance of a graphic designer to make your portfolio more robust.To truly reap the benefits, you need to communicate what you want to your graphic designer.
- Best practices in content, layout and design when assembling a film press kit.
- A list of vendors commonly used for portfolio related supplies and services.
- The Portfolio Lab is a free service provided by the Portfolio Center to help Columbia College students create a final portfolio upon graduation.