Sorry, registration for Piano Fest 2013 is now closed.
Piano Fest celebrates Sherwood’s rich history of piano instruction. It is an opportunity for piano students ages 5 and above to perform publicly and be evaluated by a panel of judges without the stress and pressure of a competition.
All Piano Fest participants will receive a copy of their written evaluations and a Certificate of Participation. Students perform two contrasting pieces before a panel of two judges and receive written evaluations of their performances - without the stress and pressure of a competition. Students will perform in small groups (usually three or four students) for the judges in 30 minute time slots. Students of similar age and level will be grouped together.
Piano Fest will take place in the Recital Hall and selected teaching studios at Sherwood, The Community Music School at Columbia College Chicago, 1312 S. Michigan Ave. in Chicago.
Sunday, April 7, 2013, 10am-5pm. The application deadline is February 24, 2013.
Participants must perform two contrasting pieces, not to exceed ten minutes combined. Movements from a multi-movement work (such as a sonata) should be counted as separate selections. At least one of the works performed must be memorized. Students can perform either as soloists or duets. Movements from piano concertos are considered solo piano literature (pianists must provide their own accompanists).
Solo Participant: $28
Duet: $35 per duet team
How To Register
Registration for Piano Fest is a two step process.
1. Complete the online application. Each teacher should submit one application for their entire studio.
- Individual applicants may not register on their own, only teachers may register their students.
- Any changes or corrections to the information submitted on the application should be sent to Christopher Goldston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Make a payment for the application.
- Teachers may pay for their student's application in one of three ways:
1. Online through our online registration center.
2. By phone at (312) 369-3100.
3. In person at our front desk during regular business hours.
- Please note that we cannot accept multiple checks from your students. If you are paying by check, please have one check made out to Sherwood for the full amount.
- Payment must be made by application deadline.
For questions about Piano Fest, please contact Chris Goldston at 312-369-3146 or at email@example.com.