For Incoming Freshmen
The Achievement Award was established to recognize the exceptional academic achievement and demonstrated financial need of incoming freshman and transfer students who have completed one semester of college level work.
Priority Consideration: February 01,
Note: Priority consideration is given to students who are admitted and have completed the FAFSA by February 01, 2015
The Achievement Award is open to:
Award based on:
- Exceptional high school seniors entering for the first time in the Fall 2015 semester
- Exceptional transfer students who have completed less than 16 transferable credit hours and entering for the first time in the Fall 2015 semester
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - available after January 1, 2015.
Renewable award amount:
- Strong academic achievement, such as high grade point averages and standardized test scores.
- Demonstration of financial need through a completed FAFSA.
Notification of the award:
- $2,500 to $11,000 per academic year
- Recipients will be notified by mail on rolling basis beginning in March 2015. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or email@example.com