For Incoming Freshmen
The Achievement Award was established to recognize the exceptional academic achievement and demonstrated financial need of incoming freshman and transfer students who have completed one semester of college-level work.
Priority Consideration: February 01,
Note: Priority consideration is given to students who are admitted and have completed the FAFSA by February 01, 2016
The Achievement Award is open to:
Award based on:
- Exceptional high school seniors entering for the first time in the Fall 2016 semester
- Exceptional transfer students who have completed less than 16 transferable credit hours and entering for the first time in the Fall 2016 semester
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewable award amount:
- Strong academic achievement, such as high grade point averages and standardized test scores.
- Financial need
Notification of the award:
- Ranges from $1,000 to $12,000 per academic year
- Recipients will be notified by mail on rolling basis beginning in March 2016. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org