Barbara Lazarus Metz Fellowship
for continuing graduate students
The Barbara Lazarus Metz Fellowship was established to assist in defraying tuition costs for an MFA student in the Interdisciplinary Book & Paper Arts program.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The Barbara Lazarus Metz Fellowship is open to:
Fellowship based on:
- Full-time graduate students in the Interdisciplinary Book & Paper Arts program who have completed a minimum of 9 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Students able to submit a portfolio of work for review by the scholarship committee
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Demonstration of talent, ability, and/or accomplishment in Book & Paper Arts
- Financial need
Notification of the fellowship:
- Maximum of $2,500 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2017.