David R. Rubin Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate students
The David R. Rubin Scholarship was established to assist outstanding full-time undergraduate students defray tuition costs. The amount of the award is $4000 for one academic year. In some cases, award may be considered for renewal provided that the student submits a new application each year and continues to meet all current eligibility criteria.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The David R. Rubin Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- Undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of 12 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application and plan to enroll full-time in Fall 2014
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Academic merit and financial need
Notification of the award:
- Maximum of $4000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
Please note: The top ten recipients who will be seniors in Fall 2014 will be elevated to receive the President's Club Scholarship in the amount of $5000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring). They will receive this honor instead of the David R. Rubin Scholarship.
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2014. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management Services, Beth Berends - 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org