for continuing undergraduate and graduate students
The Diversity Award was established to encourage students to focus on the importance of diversity in higher education as preparation for life in a global society.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The Diversity Award is open to:
- Full-time undergraduate students who have completed a minimum of 12 credits hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Full-time graduate students who have completed a minimum of 9 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Award based on:
Full-time Columbia employees, Graduate Merit Award recipients, Graduate Assistantship recipients, graduate students-at-large, or Laban certificate students are not eligible for the Diversity Award.
- Academic merit and financial need
Notification of the award:
- Maximum of $4,000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2017.