Jay W. Boersma Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate students
The Jay W. Boersma Scholarship was established to help defray the cost of tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students in recognition of a strong commitment to the liberal arts and sciences within the arts and media environment of Columbia College Chicago.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The Jay W. Boersma Scholarship is open to:
Scholarship based on:
- Full-time undergraduate students majoring in one of the disciplines in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)**
**Please note: Students with double or interdisciplinary majors will also be considered, as long as one concentration is within LAS.
- Students who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement and a personal commitment to their respective discipline
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Academic merit and financial need
Notification of the scholarship:
- Maximum of $2,200 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2017.