Jay W. Boersma Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate students
The Jay W. Boersma Scholarship was established to help defray the cost of tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students in recognition of a strong commitment to the liberal arts and sciences within the arts and media environment of Columbia College Chicago.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The Jay W. Boersma Scholarship is open to:
Scholarship based on:
- Full-time undergraduate students majoring in one of the disciplines in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS)**
**Please note: Students with double or interdisciplinary majors will also be considered, as long as one concentration is within LAS.
- Students who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement and a personal commitment to their respective discipline
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Academic merit and financial need
Notification of the scholarship:
- Maximum of $2,200 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
- All applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2016. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.