Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award
for incoming and continuing undergraduate students
The Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award was established to recognize outstanding students who have intended or declared Early Childhood Education as their major.
- Incoming Students priority consideration deadline: January 15, 2015
- Continuing Students application deadline: February 1, 2015
The Joan and Irving Harris Scholar Award is open to:
Award based on:
Renewable award amount:
- Enrolled full-time students who are Early Childhood Education majors
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students with an intended major in Early Childhood Education and entering Columbia for the first time in the Fall 2015 semester. Priority consideration is given to students who have been admitted to Columbia by January 15, 2015
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents
Notification of the award:
- Up to $5,000 (half awarded in Fall 2015 and half in Spring 2016)
- Recipients will be notified by the scholarship committee by March 31, 2015. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management at email@example.com