John Fischetti Scholarship
for continuing undergraduate and graduate students
The John Fischetti Scholarship was established by the friends and colleagues of political cartoonist John Fischetti as a continuing tribute to his extraordinary talent. The scholarship is awarded annually to outstanding undergraduate and graduate Journalism students.
Deadlines to Apply:
- Scholarship for J-term/Spring Only (Undergraduate and Graduate Students): October 15, 2016
- Scholarship for 2017-18 Academic Year (Undergraduate and Graduate Students): February 1, 2017
The John Fischetti Scholarship is open to:
- Full- or part-time undergraduate and graduate Journalism students
- Undergraduate students who began college at Columbia College Chicago must have completed at least 2 semesters at the time of application; students who have transferred to Columbia must have completed at least 1 semester
- Students who have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in Journalism
- Students who demonstrate outstanding achievement in print or broadcast journalism, photojournalism, editorial art, or political cartooning
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Scholarship based on:
Notification of the award:
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Service in student's specialty (i.e. internships, contributions to student publications/media)
- All J-term/Spring 2017 scholarship applicants will be notified by the scholarship committee by November 15, 2016.
- All 2017-18 academic year scholarship applicants will be notified by March 31, 2017.