for continuing undergraduate students
The Kamoinge-Ferman Scholarship was established by the Humanities, History, and Social Sciences Department to help defray costs of international travel associated with African/African America Studies/African Diaspora research projects.
Deadline to Apply: February 01,
The Kamoinge-Ferman Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- Full-time students who plan to participate in an approved research offered through the Humanities, History, and Social Sciences department
- Students who have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at Columbia at the time of application
- Students who have earned a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Students able to submit an essay on the life and culture of an African-American who lived a life committed to international understanding, solidarity, and/or travel
Notification of the award:
- Academic merit and financial need
- All applicants will be notified by March 31, 2015. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Department of Humanities, History, and Social Sciences - 312/369-7844 or firstname.lastname@example.org