Lenore Hervey Artistic Inquiry Award
for continuing graduate students
The Lenore Hervey Artistic Inquiry Award was established to support thesis students who need assistance in acquiring materials or services necessary to complete their artistic inquiry projects.
Deadline to Apply:
The Lenore Hervey Artistic Inquiry Award is open to:
- Spring 2016 Award: December 1, 2015
- Summer 2016 Award: April 15, 2016
- Fall 2016 Award: July 15, 2016
- Second-year Dance/Movement Therapy & Counseling students who are registered for Graduate Thesis and are conducting thesis research using artistic inquiry as a stated methodology
- Research must occur in the year of the award is granted
Award based on:
- Before any research is conducted, it must be approved by the Creative Arts Therapies Departmental Thesis Committee, and if human subjects are involved, by the Columbia College Chicago Institutional Review Board;
- Applications are evaluated by representatives of the Departmental Thesis Committee. Awards will be granted based on the quality of the artistic inquiry project, the value of the research, and the student’s reasonable ability to carry out the proposed research - as demonstrated by recommendation, completeness of idea and the student’s overall academic performance. Determinations will also depend upon the clarity of the explicated need.
- The quality of the artistic inquiry project, completeness of idea, the value of the research, and the student's reasonable ability to carry out the proposed research
- Overall academic performance
- Maximum of $1,000 stipend