Open Doors Scholarship
for incoming freshmen
The Open Doors Scholarship is a four-year program that was established to recognize the achievements of students graduating from a Chicago Public School and to assist defraying the cost of tuition.
Priority Consideration: March 15,
Note: Priority consideration is given to students who are admitted and have completed their FAFSA by March 15, 2015
The Open Doors Scholarship is open to:
Award based on:
- High school seniors who will graduate from a Chicago Public High School in 2015
- Students who have earned a minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewable award amount:
- Review of applicant's admissions file and demonstration of financial need through a completed FAFSA.
- From $1,000 - $11,000 (awarded half in Fall and half in Spring) for up to four years
Notification of the Award:
- Recipients will be notified by mail on a rolling basis beginning in March 2015. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management at firstname.lastname@example.org