Open Doors Scholarship
for incoming freshmen
The Open Doors Scholarship is a four-year program that was established to recognize the achievements of students graduating from a Chicago Public School and to assist in defraying the cost of tuition.
Priority Consideration: February 01,
Note: Typically, scholarships are awarded to students who are planning to enroll for the Fall term.
The Open Doors Scholarship is open to:
Scholarship based on:
- High school seniors who will graduate from a Chicago Public High School in 2016
- Students who have earned a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- Students who demonstrate financial need through a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Renewable scholarship amount:
- Review of applicant's admissions file
- Demonstration of financial need through a completed FAFSA
- Range of $1,000 - $11,000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring) for up to four years
Notification of the scholarship:
- Recipients will be notified through their Financial Aid Award Letter in mid-March. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management at email@example.com