for incoming students
The Presidential Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based, four-year program. Scholarship applicants are expected to excel in their academic achievements as well as demonstrate significant accomplishment, talent or ability in their intended major. The number of awards each year varies and is dependent upon funding.
Portfolio Submission Priority Deadline: January 15,
The Presidential Scholarship is open to:
- Outstanding high school seniors entering for the first time in Fall 2015 semester
- Outstanding incoming transfer students who have earned fewer than 65 transferable college credit hours and entering for the first time in Fall 2015 semester
- Students able to submit samples of their creative work (a.k.a. portfolio) that demonstrate strong accomplishment, talent, or ability in their intended area of study
- Students who have earned a cumulative high school or college grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- International students may be considered
- Students who fit the eligibility requirements and submit creative samples of work with their Admissions application will be considered for this program automatically. There is no separate application for the Presidential Scholarship.
- If you have submitted your Admissions application and have not yet uploaded your creative samples of work, you can do so by going to the "How to Submit Creative Samples of Work" section. Be sure to review the specific recommendations for work samples and/or supplementary materials within your intended major.
- Students who begin their studies at Columbia in Spring 2015 are eligible to be considered; however, if awarded, the scholarship would begin in Fall 2015
Award based on:
Renewable award amount:
- Academic achievement
- Demonstration of talent, ability, or accomplishment in the student's intended major
- Up to $8500 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
Notification of the award:
- Recipients will be notified by the scholarship committee on an on-going basis. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management, Courtney Thompson - 312/369-7079 or firstname.lastname@example.org