for incoming students
The Presidential Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based, four-year program. Scholarship applicants are expected to excel in their academic achievements as well as demonstrate significant accomplishment, talent or ability in their intended major. The number of awards each year varies and is dependent upon funding.
Priority Consideration: January 15,
Note: Typically, scholarships are awarded to students who are planning to enroll for the Fall term.
The Presidential Scholarship is open to:
- Outstanding high school seniors entering for the first time in the Fall 2016 semester
- Outstanding incoming transfer students who have earned fewer than 65 transferable college credit hours and are entering for the first time in the Fall 2016 semester
- Students able to submit samples of their creative work (a.k.a. portfolio) that demonstrate strong accomplishment, talent, or ability in their intended area of study
- Students who have earned a cumulative high school or college grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Students who have been admitted to Columbia
- Students who have completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- International students may be considered
- Students who fit the eligibility requirements and submit creative samples of work with their Admissions application will be considered for this program automatically. There is no separate application for the Presidential Scholarship.
- If you have submitted your Admissions application and have not yet uploaded your creative samples of work, you can do so by going to the "How to Submit Creative Samples of Work" section. Be sure to review the specific recommendations for work samples and/or supplementary materials within your intended major.
Scholarship based on:
Renewable scholarship amount:
- Academic merit
- Demonstration of talent, ability, or accomplishment in the student's intended major
- Award amount: $2,000 (half awarded in Fall and half awarded in Spring)
Notification of the scholarship:
- Recipients will be notified through their Financial Aid Award Letter in mid-March. We regret that we are unable to give information regarding the committee's decisions over the telephone or by email.
Contact: Enrollment Management, Jasmyn Leapheart- 312/369-3202 or firstname.lastname@example.org