Understanding Your Award Letter
Congratulations on receiving your Award Letter. This page is designed to help you understand your Award Letter and guide you through the process of finalizing your financial plan for attending Columbia College Chicago.
If you have not received your Award Letter please click here
for detailed information on how to obtain an Award Letter.
If you have received your Award Letter…lets get started.
Navigating Your Award Letter
Your letter is broken up into sections of information and it outlines your estimated aid eligibility based on the information you provided on your FAFSA. Become familiar with each section by learning more on page 2 of the 2015-2016 Award Letter Workbooks found below. Your letter also indicates if you were selected for Verification or have Caution Flags you need to resolve.
Below is a list of action items to complete after you read and become familiar with your Award Letter to help you complete the Create a Plan stage. Each action item includes resources to help you make an informed decision.
- • Personalize your Cost of Attendance Budget by becoming familiar with your total direct and indirect costs.
- Resources: Reference section 1 of your Award Letter to view your estimated budget. For more detailed information about costs visit the Tuition and Fees and Cost of Attendance Budget websites.
- • Learn about the funding options available to you.
- Resources: Reference sections 2, 4, & 6 of your Award Letter to view your financial aid eligibility. Visit Funding Sources for a comprehensive list of funding sources Columbia College Chicago participates in. This site will direct you to terms and conditions by funding type.
- • Calculate your Net Price after grants and scholarships.
- Resources: Reference section 3 of your Award Letter. Complete the Cost and Resource Calculator online or the Cost and Resource Worksheet found on page 3 of the Award Letter Workbook to help you identify your net price.
- • Decide how you will cover your Net Price.
Resources: Learn more about options available to help you cover your Net Price by clicking on the links below:
•Third Party Resources
- • Be aware of the conditions to your awards.
- Resources: Learn more about how changes to your family's income or your dependency status can impact your funding here. Learn more about how to maintain your funding eligibility here.
Completing the Next Stages
Congratulations on completing the Create a Plan stage! Now you're ready to move on to the following stages.
Secure Your Funding
- Complete this stage after you confirm your enrollment and by July 1. For an overview of this stage, refer to page 4-5 of the Award Letter Workbooks.
- Manage Your Account - Complete this stage after you register for classes.
- Become Money Smart - Complete this stage throughout your time at Columbia College Chicago.
Additional Resources to Help You with Your Questions
- Admitted Student Days designed for admitted students to become more familiar with Columbia before making a final college choice. SFS Material Covered
- Student Financial Services Consultation Services designed to provide in-person, telephone, and online resources to our students and families.
Award Letter Workbook
The workbook guides you through the remaining stages you must complete to successfully finance your education. Click on the links below to familiarize yourself with each stage.