Understanding Your Award Letter
Congratulations on receiving your Award Letter. This page is designed to help you understand your Award Letter and guide you through the process of finalizing your financial plan for attending Columbia College Chicago.
If you have not received your Award Letter please click here
for detailed information on how to obtain an Award Letter.
If you have received your Award Letter…lets get started.
Your Award Letter Packet
Your Award Letter Packet contains all the tools necessary for you to finalize your financial plan. The following tools are included:
- Award letter – Your letter outlines your estimated aid eligibility based on the information you provided on your FAFSA. It also indicates if you were selected for Verification or have Caution Flags you need to resolve. Click here to learn about the Method and Frequency of Aid Disbursements.
- New Student Award Letters will begin on 3/17/2014.
- Continuing Student Award Letters will begin on 3/28/2014.
- 2014-2015 Cost and Resource Comparison Calculator (CRCC) – The calculator found in your workbook will help you answer the following questions:
- How much funding will I need to cover my educational costs?
- Which funding sources will I need to utilize?
- Will my chosen funding sources cover all my costs?
- Are personal resources part of my funding sources and, if so, do I need to secure a payment plan?
- To compare the costs and resources outside of the 2014-2015 academic year please use this worksheet.
- Additional Resources – Student Financial Services provides several opportunities, leading up to Orientation, to become familiar with the overall financial process and take the steps necessary to develop your own financial plan. Those resources include:
- Admitted Student Days designed for admitted students to become more familiar with Columbia before making a final college choice. SFS Material Covered
- The Money Part Workshops designed to provide a small and intimate setting to assist students and their families in beginning and understanding the financial process.
- Student Financial Services Consultation Services designed to provide in-person, telephone, and online resources to our students and families.
- Award Letter Workbook – The workbook guides you through the remaining stages you must complete to successfully finance your education. Click on the links below to familiarize yourself with each stage.
- Secure Your Funding
- Manage Your Account
- Become Money Smart