Columbia College Chicago’s Book Charge program is coordinated by the Campus Card Office and Student Financial Services. The Book Charge program is convenient and may be used to purchase books and supplies at the Columbia College Chicago Bookstore, located at 624 S. Michigan Ave., as well as the Tech Center, located on the first floor of the 33 E. Congress Parkway building. The Summer Book Charge Program begins Monday, May 15, 2017 and ends Friday, June 2, 2017
Requirements to qualify for a Book Charge
Please note, only students seeking a degree or certificate at Columbia College Chicago are eligible to participate in the Book Charge program. Additionally, a Book Charge can only be approved if a student is registered for the term in which the Book Charge is requested.
CASH PAYER –
Students who are not using any federal, state or other third party funding and are paying their tuition charges with personal resources are required to be enrolled in an active Columbia College payment plan for the semester to participate in the Book Charge program. The amount of the requested Book Charge may be added to the payment plan.
FINANCIAL AID RECIPIENT –
To be considered a financial aid recipient, a student’s financial aid awards and loans must be secured (all required documents must be submitted to SFS). If the total amount of the student’s grants, scholarships and loans exceed his or her total account charges, the amount of the credit balance is eligible for the Book Charge program. If a student receiving financial aid does not have a credit balance, he or she can still participate in the Book Charge program if enrolled in an active Columbia College payment plan. The amount of the Book Charge may be added to the payment plan.
THIRD PARTY BENEFIT RECIPIENT –
To be considered a third party benefit recipient, a student’s funding from a Third Party Benefit Provider must be secured (all required documents must be submitted to SFS). If the total of the student’s third party funds and financial aid funds exceed his or her account charges, the amount of the credit balance is eligible for the Book Charge program. If a student receiving a third party payment does not have a credit balance, he or she can still participate in the Book Charge program if enrolled in an active Columbia College payment plan. The amount of the Book Charge may be added to the payment plan.
Columbia College Chicago Book Charge Terms
- Book Charge funds are credited to your Campus Card upon approval of a Book Charge Authorization Form.
- Unused Book Charge funds remain on your Campus Card and may be used anytime during your enrollment at Columbia College Chicago at all campus locations that accept Columbia Cash.
- The Book Charge amount is posted to the student’s tuition account and must be paid in full along with all other tuition charges by the payment plan due date.
- Your Columbia Payment Plan may be rebalanced to include the additional Book Charge amount that posted to your tuition account.
- The Book Charge Authorization Form is available online only and is located on the Student Financial Services page on the Oasis portal.
Instructions to request a Book Charge:
- Login to Oasis
- Click on the Student Financial Services tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the Book Charge Authorization Form link.
- The Book Charge Authorization Form opens with your name, ID number, and date entered on the form.
- Select the amount (from $100 to $750)
- Read the terms and conditions and click the box to indicate your agreement to all of the terms listed.
- Click the Submit button.
Students will receive an email when the authorization form is submitted that states whether he or she is eligible to apply for a Book Charge. A second email will be sent to students within two business days stating whether the Book Charge was approved or declined. Students who are approved for a Book Charge will receive a confirmation email when the funds have been added to their Campus Card. Students who are declined for a Book Charge should contact the Student Financial Services Office (SFS) regarding the eligibility requirements for the Book Charge program. The SFS contact
information is included on all emails sent to students.
Students may receive only one Book Charge per semester.
THIRD PARTY BENEFIT BOOK CHARGE
Students who receive funds for books and supplies from outside agencies such as the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), Veterans Administration, or other Third Party agencies must submit a Billing Notification from the agency to Student Financial Services in order to receive a Third Party Book Charge for the Summer 2017 semester. Third Party Book charges expire on Wednesday, June 7, 2017.
Student Financial Service
600 S. Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
Phone: (866) 705-0200