Applications accepted beginning November 26
The Weisman Award is intended to help advanced undergrad and graduate students complete a substantial media-based project that is already underway. Work samples that demonstrate the concept and purpose of the project will form an important part of the application.
The Weisman Award is a “matching grant” of up to $4,000.
- Matching Grant The Weisman Committee reviews applications, determines winning projects and assigns a dollar amount up to half the estimated cost of the project (thus matching the artist’s contribution).
- Estimated Cost Each application includes an estimated cost of the overall project (or the portion of the project for which funding is requested).
- $4,000 is the maximum award amount.
- Juniors, seniors, and graduate students enrolled at Columbia College Chicago.
- Undergraduate students must have completed 60 or more credit hours by the end of the Fall Semester -AND- be a full-time student in the following (Spring) semester.
- Graduate students must be enrolled for credit in the Spring Semester following their application.
- The 2013 Weisman Award online application will be available November 19 2012.
- Students complete and submit applications with work samples and faculty support letters.
- The Weisman Committee convenes and reviews all applications.
- Winning applications are announced in January 2013.
- Three Reimbursement dates will be set during the term of the award when project receipts can be submitted.
- Project receipts will be honored dating from January 1st of the award year until the last reimbursement date.
- Reimbursement forms must accompany the original receipts from the awarded project.
- Project receipts will be fully reimbursed until the assigned award amount is reached.
- Award winners will report to an assigned Weisman Advisor.
- Projects must be complete by a tbd date in August/September 2013.
- All projects must be represented at the Weisman Award Exhibition for that year.
- All projects must be made available in digital form for submission to the Weisman Archive.
- Each project must explicitly credit the support of the Albert P. Weisman Award at Columbia College Chicago
Information sessions will be held at the Portfolio Center 623 S. Wabash / Suite 307 in November and December 2012. Once confirmed, these dates will be posted here.
*The Albert P. Weisman Award is sponsored by the Portfolio Center of Columbia College Chicago.