Book Charge Program
Columbia College Chicago's Book Charge program is coordinated by Columbia Central. Students may use the Book Charge program to purchase books and supplies at the Columbia Bookstore.
To participate in the Book Charge program, a student must complete the Book Charge Authorization Form in the student portal during the date ranges below. If the Book Charge is approved, the amount will be placed on the student's Campus Card. The student's Columbia account will be charged for the equivalent amount.
Book Charge starts Friday, Aug. 23
Book Charge ends Friday, Sept. 13
Book Charge starts Friday, Jan. 3
Book Charge ends Friday, Feb. 7
Requirements for Book ChargePlease note, only students seeking a degree or certificate at Columbia College Chicago are eligible to participate in the Book Charge program. Additionally, a Book Charge can only be approved if a student is registered for the term in which the Book Charge is requested.
Book Charge Terms
- Book Charge funds are credited to the student's Campus Card upon approval of a Book Charge Authorization Form.
- Unused Book Charge funds remain on the student's Campus Card and may be used at all campus locations that accept Columbia Cash, anytime during enrollment at Columbia College Chicago.
- The Book Charge amount is posted to the student’s tuition account and must be paid in full, along with all other tuition charges, by the payment plan due date.
- The Columbia Payment Plan may be rebalanced to include the additional Book Charge amount that posted to the student's tuition account.
- The Book Charge Authorization Form is available online only and is located on the MyColumbia portal.
When the authorization form is submitted, the student will receive an email with information about Book Charge program eligibility. The student will be notified of Book Charge acceptance or denial via email within two business days.
Students who are approved for a Book Charge will receive a confirmation email when the funds have been added to their Campus Card. Students who are declined for a Book Charge should contact Columbia Central regarding the eligibility requirements for the Book Charge program.
Please note: students may receive only one Book Charge per semester.
Third Party Benefit Book Charge
Students who receive funds for books and supplies from outside agencies such as the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), Veterans Administration, or other Third Party agencies, must submit a Billing Notification from the agency to Columbia Central in order to receive a Third Party Book Charge.
Book Voucher start Friday, Aug. 23
Book Voucher ends Wednesday, Sept. 18
Book Voucher start Friday, Jan. 3
Book Voucher ends Wednesday, Feb. 12