J-term/Spring 2019 scholarship applicants: Go to the John Fischetti Scholarship - J-Term/Spring 2019 Application available online through your OASIS portal.
2019-20 Academic Year scholarship applicants: Go to the John Fischetti Scholarship - 2019-20 EXTENDED DEADLINE application available online through your OASIS portal.
Only complete scholarship applications submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by the scholarship committee.
Please follow all directions carefully. Students must submit the following materials to make a complete John Fischetti Scholarship application. There are four parts to the application:
PART 1: ESSAYS
You must submit both essays:
1. In a 500-word essay, describe why you are passionate about your discipline, who or what influenced your choice, and what your career goals are.
2. In a one-page statement, please address the following:
- List your journalistic experience, including high school or college publications, broadcast stations, newspapers, magazines, online, internships, etc.
- List your previous honors, awards, scholarships, etc.
PART 2: WORK SAMPLES
Upload 3 samples of your best work. These can include clips from publications and online sites, scripts or audio files from television or radio, photos, cartoons, and graded classroom work. You must submit your sample in one of the following formats:
- IMAGES: .jpg, .png, .gif
- VIDEO: .mov, .wmv, .flv; or upload a .pdf, .doc, or .docx document with an external link to your video
- AUDIO: .mp3
- DOCUMENTS: .pdf
Please Note: Upload size limit is 50MB.
PART 3: REFERENCES
Provide the names and email addresses of at least two Journalism faculty members who are familiar with your academic achievement or accomplishment in your major.
The Scholarship Committee may contact your references regarding your application.
Access online applications through the "Scholarships" tab in your OASIS portal.