Dr. Raymond Lohne publishes in The Yearbook of German-American Studies
Dr. Raymond Lohne, who's been teaching American history at Columbia for 14 years, was awarded a part-time faculty development grant in 2015 to attend an academic conference. That award has resulted in publication of a major article in the 2015 Yearbook of the Society for German American Studies.
Entitled "Five Times as Enthusiastic: Abraham Lincoln and the Bloody Seventh of Chicago," Dr. Lohne's article examines how the vociferous German Republicans of Chicago's North Side changed Lincoln's ethno-politics in 1858. A reviewer called it a "major contribution" to Lincoln studies.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia