Film Screening of "Food Patriots" with Filmmakers Jeff Spitz and Jennifer Amdur Spitz
Touched by their teenage son's battle with a foodborne superbug, filmmaker and associate professor of Cinema Art and Science Jeff Spitz and Jennifer Spitz document their family's struggle to raise backyard chickens, grow food and transform into Food Patriots. Food Patriots features people from all walks of life who are trying to change the way Americans eat and buy food and educate the next generation of consumers. Running time 74 minutes.
Chicago Public Library's One Book, One Chicago program explores Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, in the 2016 - 2017 season. Join us as we explore the theme of "Eat. Think. Grow" throughout the season through a variety of programs. For details on all One Book, One Chicago offerings, visit www.onebookonechicago.org.
Food Patriots Screening
Harold Washington Library Center
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format