New installation by Sabina Ott at Art Expo 2016
Art and Art History professor Sabina Ott will have a site specific installation at this years Art Expo at Navy Pier. The installation, titled "because mountains are so high" can be found on the ground floor at the entrance of Expo. The installation will be a tunnel created out of polystyrene that, when one has burrowed through, contains several videos, places to sit and sound works.
Expo opens on September 22 and ends September 28. Ott's installation is free and open to the public.
Sabina Ott is a Guggenheim Fellow for the year 2015 and was awarded a Distinguished Professor of Art Award from the College Art Association. She was named "Artist of the Year" 2015 by the Chicago Tribune's critic Lori Waxman. She is currently listed as one of the top 50 artists in Chicago by New City Magazine.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia