Alum Tim Stipan Works With Martin Scorsese on “Silence”
Cinema Art and Science alum Tim Stipan ’99 reflects on his experience working as a colorist on Martin Scorsese’s film Silence starring Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver. Stipan worked closely with Scorsese on coloring Silence, which was mostly shot on 35mm film throughout Taiwan. The drama was nominated for a 2017 Academy Award for Best Cinematography, and tells the story of two 17th century Portuguese missionaries searching for their missing mentor in Japan.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia