Alum Tim Stipan Works With Martin Scorsese on “Silence”
Cinema Art and Science alum Tim Stipan ’99 reflects on his experience working as a colorist on Martin Scorsese’s film Silence starring Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver. Stipan worked closely with Scorsese on coloring Silence, which was mostly shot on 35mm film throughout Taiwan. The drama was nominated for a 2017 Academy Award for Best Cinematography, and tells the story of two 17th century Portuguese missionaries searching for their missing mentor in Japan.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format