Associate Dean of SFPA Bill Frederking to Retire
Bill Frederking, associate dean in the School of Fine and Performing Arts (SFPA), has decided to resign from his position and retire from Columbia College Chicago at the end of the Spring 2017 semester. Bill served for several years as associate dean with Dean Eliza Nichols and returned to service in the summer of 2015 as Onye Ozuzu began that year as interim Dean. His contributions to SFPA implementation of the college’s Strategic Plan have been enormous. Much of the good work in setting the tone and the framework for SFPA’s curricular endeavors is due in great part to Bill’s hard work and commitment to higher education.
Bill will continue his career as a professional photographer of dance. Dean Ozuzu would like to extend her heartfelt appreciation for his support and service to the Dean’s office in the School of Fine and Performing Arts, and asks the campus community to join SFPA in congratulating Bill on his years of service to Columbia and wishing all the best in his future endeavors.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format