Aurora Community Television and Columbia Form Partnership
Columbia's School of Media Arts has formed a partnership with Aurora Community Television (ACTV), which will allow the City of Aurora to use Columbia content and resources to produce items for ACTV. The partnership will give Columbia Film student interns the chance to gain experience while earning class credit. Dean of the School of Media Arts Eric Freedman is excited for the partnership. “This gives our students not just another opportunity to build their portfolios, but rather they get the edge of hands-on learning in real-life settings that they need to pursue careers in highly competitive fields,” he said.
ACTV will begin airing student-driven content as soon as this summer. This content could include daytime children's programming, short-form documentaries, and late-night variety and animated shows.
Aurora Community Television is available online at aurora-il.org.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo