Business and Entrepreneurship Associate Professors Contribute to Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association
Business and Entrepreneurship Associate Chair and Associate Professor Jerry Brindisi has been re-elected to the board of the Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association (MEIEA). This is Brindisi’s second two-year term and his re-election is an outstanding endorsement of his expertise and continued contributions to music business education and the profession.
Business and Entrepreneurship Associate Professor Joseph Bogdan has contributed to the music business field as well with the publication of his article “Business Sense Arrow Straight: An Examination of Brand Community and Philanthropy Bordering on Social Entrepreneurship as Primary Reasons for the Success of Vans Warped Tour.” It appears in the MEIEA Journal, Volume 17, Number 1 (2017). The article discusses the interplay of brand communities and philanthropy bordering on social entrepreneurship as underpinnings of the philosophy of Van’s Warped Tour’s founder, Kevin Lyman.
The Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association (MEIEA) is an international organization formed in 1979 to bring together educators with leaders of the music and entertainment industries. The primary goal of MEIEA is to facilitate an exchange of information between educators and practitioners in order to prepare students for careers in the music and entertainment industries.
- Executive Producer Brian Smego ’97 on Building His Dream Career
- Ju’Juan Day MFA ’20 Self Publishes First Poetry Collection, Footsteps
- Imprisoned Journalist Danny Fenster ’09 is Coming Home
- Associate Professor and Scientist Michelle Rafacz Helps Launch BA in Environmental and Sustainability Studies
- The Many Paths Forward with Audio Arts and Acoustics: Alum Jackie Loupakos ’19 on Life After Columbia