Candidate Presentation for Chair of Art and Art History (Feb. 22)
All Columbia College Chicago faculty and staff are invited to attend the candidate presentation for the position of Chair of the Art and Art History Department. Candidates have been asked to speak about their work and will have an opportunity to respond to questions from presentation participants. Anonymous feedback from participants will be collected.
Candidate: Duncan MacKenzie
Wednesday, February 22
602 Collins Hall, 624 S. Michigan
Candidate bio: Duncan MacKenzie is an artist, pundit, educator and a founder of Bad at Sports (B@S) podcast and website. With B@S he has produced over 450 interviews with artists and cultural luminaries such as Suzanne Lacy, Kerry James Marshall, Luc Tuymans, Jeff Wall, and Helen Molesworth. Alongside his work with Bad at Sports he makes and regularly shows art work internationally with his collaborator Christian Kuras. Between B@S and Kuras he has realized exhibitions and projects with art fairs like NADA Miami, EXPO Chicago, PULSE Miami, and Volta NYC, and institutions like the Contemporary Art Museum of St Louis, The Queens Museum, The Walker Art Center, and apexart NYC. His work has been written about in Afterall, artforum.com, Art in America, Flash Art, the New York Times, and the Chicago Tribune.
- Columbia Renegades Coach Begins First-Ever Quidditch Scholarship to Help Promote Diversity
- Art and Art History Faculty Member on Documenting Difficult Times
- An Expert in Her Field: Associate Professor Katie Paciga on COVID-19, Children, and Screen Time
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show