Candidate Presentation for Chair of Business and Entrepreneurship (Feb. 15)
All Columbia College Chicago faculty and staff are invited to attend the candidate presentation for the position of Chair of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department. Candidates have been asked to speak about their work and will have an opportunity to respond to questions from presentation participants. Anonymous feedback from participants will be collected.
Candidate: Mary Filice
Wednesday, February 15
Stage Two, 618 S. Michigan
Candidate bio: As Interim Chair (June 2016-May 2017) of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department, Mary Filice continues her leadership of the department that began as Acting Chair during the Fall 2015 semester. Preceding her Acting Chair appointment Mary was the department’s Associate Chair for five years. Throughout her tenure with the department—having been awarded tenure and the rank of associate professor in 2013—Mary has been instrumental in streamlining the department's undergraduate and graduate curriculum, furthering its collaborative initiatives with internal and external partners, and representing the department and college nationally and internationally.
Mary has been a visiting professor at Westerdals-Oslo School of Arts, Technology and Communication and the Nordic Institute of Stage and Studio, both in Oslo, Norway, and has conducted academic talks at Beijing International Studies University and the Beijing Film Academy, Beijing, China. Professionally active, Mary also consults arts organizations on their strategic planning initiatives.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format