Cinema and Television Arts Faculty Member Brent Kado is the Executive Director of the Chicago Comedy Film Festival
Cinema and Television Arts faculty member Brent Kado is the Executive Director of the 2017 Chicago Comedy Film Festival, taking place November 9-12 at the New 400 Theater.
The 7th annual juried festival will screen more than 40 titles, six of them feature-length films. The lineup, announced earlier this month, continues the festival's mission to "support comedy filmmaking as a vital and influential art form."
Kado is a filmmaker and screenwriter recognized for his work in the Chicago Sun-Times, TimeOut Chicago, Indiewire, and MovieMaker Magazine. He is an executive producer on Festival: A Documentary which recently had its world premiere at the Rhode Island International Film Festival August 2016 . His recent feature film A Short History of Drugs in the Valley was released on Amazon Prime.
Tickets are available at Eventbrite.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip