Mary Filice Appointed Chair of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department
Associate Professor Mary Filice has been appointed chair of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department in the School of Fine and Performing Arts, effective June 1, 2017.
Filice brings a wealth of experience to the Business and Entrepreneurship Department in multiple influential roles. She has served as Interim Chair since June 2016, continuing her leadership of the department that began as Acting Chair during the Fall 2015 semester. Prior to this, she served as Associate Chair from 2011 through 2016. Filice has been instrumental in streamlining the department's undergraduate and graduate curriculum, furthering its collaborative initiatives with internal and external partners, and representing the department and college nationally and internationally.
Filice has been a visiting professor at Westerdals-Oslo School of Arts, Technology and Communication and the Nordic Institute of Stage and Studio, both in Oslo, Norway; and has conducted academic talks at Beijing International Studies University and the Beijing Film Academy, in Beijing, China. Professionally active, Mary works as a consultant on strategic planning for arts organizations.
- Columbia Renegades Coach Begins First-Ever Quidditch Scholarship to Help Promote Diversity
- Art and Art History Faculty Member on Documenting Difficult Times
- An Expert in Her Field: Associate Professor Katie Paciga on COVID-19, Children, and Screen Time
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show