Mary Filice Appointed Chair of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department
Associate Professor Mary Filice has been appointed chair of the Business and Entrepreneurship Department in the School of Fine and Performing Arts, effective June 1, 2017.
Filice brings a wealth of experience to the Business and Entrepreneurship Department in multiple influential roles. She has served as Interim Chair since June 2016, continuing her leadership of the department that began as Acting Chair during the Fall 2015 semester. Prior to this, she served as Associate Chair from 2011 through 2016. Filice has been instrumental in streamlining the department's undergraduate and graduate curriculum, furthering its collaborative initiatives with internal and external partners, and representing the department and college nationally and internationally.
Filice has been a visiting professor at Westerdals-Oslo School of Arts, Technology and Communication and the Nordic Institute of Stage and Studio, both in Oslo, Norway; and has conducted academic talks at Beijing International Studies University and the Beijing Film Academy, in Beijing, China. Professionally active, Mary works as a consultant on strategic planning for arts organizations.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia