2018 Excellence in Teaching Award Winners Announced
Fashion Studies Associate Professor Dana Connell and Interactive Arts and Media part-time faculty member David Antognoli have been announced as Columbia’s 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award (ETA) winners.
Faculty and students were invited to nominate faculty members from November 2017-February 2018 for the annual award. The ETA Committee then reviewed candidates based on teaching philosophies, pedagogical statements, syllabi, and multiple classroom observations.
Columbia’s 2018 Faculty Development Conference culminated with presentations from each of the four ETA finalists on their core teaching values, which included presentations from ETA finalists American Sign Language Chair and Associate Professor Peter Cook and Music part-time faculty member Peter Saxe.
Faculty finalists will be invited to present a Master Class at the 2019 Faculty Development Conference. For more information on the award, visit the Faculty Development Portfolio.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format