Columbia Featured Prominently in NewCity’s Art 50
NewCity’s Art 50 celebrates Chicago’s most important figures in the art world. This year’s list features many members of the Columbia College Chicago community. The list includes Photography Professor and MacArthur “Genius Grant” Fellow Dawoud Bey, Art and Art History Associate Professor Anna Kunz, and Art and Art History Professor Adam Brooks and faculty member Mathew Wilson, whose collaborative project Industry of the Ordinary is featured.
The list also includes previous Honorary Degree Recipients Kerry James Marshall HDR ’17, Jessica Stockholder HDR ’13, Chris Ware HDR ’06, and Richard Hunt HDR ’96.
“Chicago has always been a place for artists to thrive amongst communal support, undertaking creative experimentation with a collective drive whether or not institutions are paying or paying attention. If the histories of Chicago’s artistic movements can teach us anything, it is that Chicago is a home for artists who take risks and make their own ways. This year’s Art 50—our pick of Chicago’s artists’ artists—is dedicated to them all, past, present, and future.”
Read the complete list here.
- Columbia Renegades Coach Begins First-Ever Quidditch Scholarship to Help Promote Diversity
- Art and Art History Faculty Member on Documenting Difficult Times
- An Expert in Her Field: Associate Professor Katie Paciga on COVID-19, Children, and Screen Time
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show