Columbia Featured Prominently in NewCity’s Art 50
NewCity’s Art 50 celebrates Chicago’s most important figures in the art world. This year’s list features many members of the Columbia College Chicago community. The list includes Photography Professor and MacArthur “Genius Grant” Fellow Dawoud Bey, Art and Art History Associate Professor Anna Kunz, and Art and Art History Professor Adam Brooks and faculty member Mathew Wilson, whose collaborative project Industry of the Ordinary is featured.
The list also includes previous Honorary Degree Recipients Kerry James Marshall HDR ’17, Jessica Stockholder HDR ’13, Chris Ware HDR ’06, and Richard Hunt HDR ’96.
“Chicago has always been a place for artists to thrive amongst communal support, undertaking creative experimentation with a collective drive whether or not institutions are paying or paying attention. If the histories of Chicago’s artistic movements can teach us anything, it is that Chicago is a home for artists who take risks and make their own ways. This year’s Art 50—our pick of Chicago’s artists’ artists—is dedicated to them all, past, present, and future.”
Read the complete list here.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia