Communication Associate Professor David Berner Releases ‘A Well Respected Man’ and More
Berner’s newest release, a novel titled A Well Respected Man, was first highlighted at Chicago bookstore The Book Cellar in April. This work of fiction explores relationships, complacency, and difficult decision making through the lens of the protagonist, Martin Gregory, a Chicago professor who received acclaim through a cult romance novel. Berner’s book can be purchased here. In addition to A Well Respected Man, Berner’s audiobook version of his memoir October Song, initially published in 2017, was released in the spring.
Berner also had his memoir The Consequence of Stars contracted with Adelaide Books in New York. Adelaide Books is an independent publishing company for fiction and creative nonfiction with the mission to promote emerging and established writers to reach a wider literary audience. The Consequence of Stars will be released in the summer of 2019. Also in 2019, Berner is expected to present a workshop entitled “Teaching the Audio Essay” at the 17th International Conference on Books, Publishing, and Libraries at the University of Granada. Next year’s conference will focus on emerging publishing practices, reading, writing, literacy, and learning.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format