Dennis McGuire Named New Interim Director of the Library
As announced on October 4,
McGuire has held significant roles in the library leadership team and his work has been instrumental to the school. He was head of Technical Services and Collection Development since 2007 and previously head of Digital and Media Services from 2001-07. He managed the image collection and its migration from 35mm slide to digital format, and now coordinates the selection, purchase, and cataloging of content for all online and print library collections. He also has served in leadership roles at the Ryerson and Burnham Libraries of the Art Institute of Chicago, the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, and the Illinois Institute of Art.
In addition, Dennis is actively involved with the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI) and was recently appointed to the CARLI Funding Task Force. He was named chair of the Visual Resources Association, Midwest Chapter, and was a member of the CARLI I-Share Cataloging and Authority Control team. He earned a BA in History of Architecture and Art from the University of Illinois at Chicago and an MLIS from Dominican University.
- Columbia’s Chicago Transit Authority (CTA) Marketing Campaign Features the Artwork of Two Alums
- CTVA Alumni to Have Film Shown at NYC Indie Theatre Film Festival
- Two Columbia College Chicago Fashion Students Win Fashion Scholarship Fund Awards
- AAA Alum Patrick Tumulty on Pivoting to Chase the Dream
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago