Department Chair Peter Cook to be a Featured Performer at the Publishing American Sign Language Poetry Event
American Sign Language Department Chair and Associate Professor Peter Cook will be one of the featured ASL poets at the Publishing American Sign Language Poetry event, hosted by CUNY’s Graduate Center on Thursday, September 13.
The Publishing American Sign Language Poetry event aims to honor the creative works of Deaf and Deafblind poets, exposing new audiences to signed poetry and to launch discussions about how ASL poetry can be preserved and experience beyond live performance. Scholars, poets, and cultural writers will be performing readings in various genres and styles. During the event, Cook will perform an original work. Following the readings, there will be a discussion on translation, poetics, and linguistics.
The Publishing American Sign Language Poetry event is free and open to the public. RSVP for the event here.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia