Laurence Minsky’s ‘The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action’ Now in Paperback
Communication Associate Professor Laurence Minsky’s book The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action, co-written with VSA Partners CEO William Rosen, has been released in paperback.
“Branding is absolutely critical, but it is not enough,” the authors write in their Harvard Business Review article that led to the book. “To drive a trial of a new product, increase visits at a retail store, build greater loyalty to a brand, increase trade-up to higher-end products, or increase frequency of purchase, marketers need to activate specific behaviors by their consumers.” In The Activation Imperative, Minsky and Rosen guide marketers to a path beyond merely building brands, showing how brands can activate the consumers’ behaviors by focusing on what a brand does, rather than simply what it is.
The book can be purchased from their publisher, Roman & Littlefield.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia