Laurence Minsky’s ‘The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action’ Now in Paperback
Communication Associate Professor Laurence Minsky’s book The Activation Imperative: How to Build Brands and Business by Inspiring Action, co-written with VSA Partners CEO William Rosen, has been released in paperback.
“Branding is absolutely critical, but it is not enough,” the authors write in their Harvard Business Review article that led to the book. “To drive a trial of a new product, increase visits at a retail store, build greater loyalty to a brand, increase trade-up to higher-end products, or increase frequency of purchase, marketers need to activate specific behaviors by their consumers.” In The Activation Imperative, Minsky and Rosen guide marketers to a path beyond merely building brands, showing how brands can activate the consumers’ behaviors by focusing on what a brand does, rather than simply what it is.
The book can be purchased from their publisher, Roman & Littlefield.
- Dance and Cultural Studies Alum Brianna Heath '17 on the Importance of Listening to Your Genuine Self
- Pinball Wizard Jessica Durbala '21 Launches Her First Game
- Art History Assistant Professor Onur Öztürk on Architecture, Decolonization, and Our Intertwined World
- Alum Mary Kate Ashe '19 Promotes Accessibility at SXSW
- SXSW: Columbia College Chicago Students Experience the Ultimate Field Trip