Matthew Shenoda Named Judge of 2018 Cave Canem Northwestern University Press Poetry Prize
English and Creative Writing Professor and Dean of Academic Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Matthew Shenoda has been named this year's judge of the 2018 Cave Canem Northwestern University Press Poetry Prize.
The Cave Canem Northwestern University Press Poetry Prize is a second-book award for black poets of African descent, offered every other year. This award celebrates and publishes works of lasting cultural value and literary excellence.
The winner will receive $1,000, publication by Northwestern University Press, 15 copies of the book, and a feature reading. Previous winners include Vievee Francis, Reginald Harris, and Laura Swearingen-Steadwell.
- From Happy Accidents to the Manhattan School of Music
- Fashion’s Take on COVID-19
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Alumnus Leo Selvaggio Uses Art in his COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia