Rami Gabriel Attends Black Metropolis Research Consortium Reunion
The BMRC reunion celebrated and assessed accomplishments of former fellows from 2009 to 2017. BMRC is a Chicago-based association of libraries, universities, and other archival institutions, which seeks to promote discovery, preservation, and use of materials that document African American and African diasporic culture, history, and politics, with a specific focus on materials relating to Chicago. BMRC explains its summer fellowship advocates and develops “new, original research and art [that] illuminates the national and international importance of Chicago’s African American community.”
Gabriel’s fellowship work can be found here.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format