Alumni in Journalism Teach a Master Class
On April 22, 2019 four alumni returned to campus to talk to students about their experiences in Journalism as part of the Alumni Master Class series. Panelists offered current students studying journalism and public relations real-world perspectives on how to navigate the ever-changing industry in Chicago and beyond.
The panelists included musician, Chicago Blues Hall of Famer and Living Blues Magazine columnist Deitra Farr ’81; CBS anchor and reporter Jim Williams ’86; columnist and editorial board member for the Chicago Sun-Times, National Alumni Board member and 2018 Honorary Degree Recipient Mary Mitchell ’91; and reporter Katherine Davis ’15.
The event was organized by President of the National Alumni Board Michael Wojcik ’96; Associate Chair and Associate Professor in Journalism Elizabeth Edgerton; Associate Professor in Journalism Len Strazewski; and Development and Alumni Relations.
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced
- Columbia Student-Run “Hokin Honors” Exhibit Returns in Virtual Format