New Digital Print Center Coming in Spring 2020
Through a collaborative effort between Columbia’s Office of Business Affairs and Office of Academic Affairs, the college has partnered with Canon to upgrade printing equipment on campus and a new state-of-the-art, two-story Digital Print Center is currently under construction at 623 S. Wabash Ave.
Slated to open during the Spring Semester 2020, the new Digital Print Center will be available to all students, faculty, and staff. The current digital print center student pricing will not increase in the new print center. Any print requests submitted to Xerox will be processed between now and the end of semester.
All students will have access to industry standard equipment that can better meet their printing needs as well as personalized service from staff and student employees who will use skills learned in coursework to assist customers. Students will be able to more easily share their work with one another and showcase it in a variety of formats, further enhancing the student experience.
New amenities will include:
- Nine new state-of-the-art printers.
- Ability to print in a variety of formats such as window clings, vinyl, floor vinyl, PhotoTex, fabric, contour-cut stickers, business cards, posters, perfect-bound books, saddle-stitched books, archival museum quality inkjet printing, UV printing, and more!
- Workshops to help students learn more and build skills in printing and design.
- Trained staff of student workers who can assist with design and printing.
- Ability to make appointments with staff to help with printing and design needs.
- High-volume copy requests and large, complex printing projects.
For more information, please contact Procurement Director Bryon Gilstrap at email@example.com.
- Keith Walker is Just Getting Started
- Jim DeRogatis Has Been “Writin' the same stories over and over and over again*” Resulting in Lifetime’s Docuseries “Surviving R. Kelly”
- Associate Professor Michelle Yates Receives Illinois Arts Council Agency Grant for Documentary Rebel Bells
- Columbia College Chicago Adjunct Professor and MFA Alum Kate Wisel Publishes Thesis Project
- Civic Media Wednesday: A New Free Evening Workshop Series at Columbia College Chicago