Associate Professor Lisa Fishman Celebrates Early Book Launch with Virtual Reading Event
Lisa Fishman, Associate Professor and former Poetry Program Director, has published a new book of poetry, Mad World, Mad Kings, Mad Composition.
Spanning 16 years of notebooks, teaching notes, and improvisations, Mad World, Mad Kings, Mad Composition upends time itself in lyric, prose, and visual forms.
Mad World, Mad Kings, Mad Composition is available for purchase in advance of its release date of August 4, 2020. Wave Books is hosting a virtual reading by Fishman, along with Poets Chris Nealon and Matthew Rohrer, on Thursday April 30 at 7:00 p.m. CST. Each author will read their work for 15 minutes. The reading is via Zoom webinar––free, but registration in advance is required. To register for the reading webinar, please click here.
“This is a world in the midst of creation, an Ars Poetica of everything.” — Publishers Weekly
- Social Justice Through the Lens
- Columbia College Chicago Hosts 4th Annual Black Arts Festival
- Community at the Heart of Columbia: Musician Hannah Pope Takes the Plunge
- A One-of-a-Kind Ride: Associate Professor Peg Murphy on Communication at Columbia College Chicago
- Transfer Student Vashon Jordan Wants You to Take the Leap