The Music Department at Columba College Chicago Announces Three Separate Events Celebrating 39 Years of Service of Departing Professor of Instruction Bobbi Wilsyn
Professor of Instruction and Coordinator of Vocal Studies at the Music Department of Columbia College Chicago will be retiring at the end of the Spring semester 2020. The Music Department is proud to announce three separate events to celebrate Ms. Bobbi’s many achievements during her long and distinguished career. Coinciding with Women’s History Month, we honor Bobbi Wilsyn for her many years of service and the profound impact she has had on the lives of her countless students, her colleagues, the curriculum, and on the progress of the Music Department over these many years. On all three events Ms. Wilsyn will be accompanied by faculty, alumni and present students:
- On Wednesday, March 11th at 12 noon in the Concert Hall of the Music Center, 1014 S. Michigan, Chicago, there will be a Bobbi Wilsyn Tribute during the noon Jam Hour. Free admission.
- On Friday, March 20th at 1pm in the Concert Hall of the Music Center, 1014 S. Michigan, Chicago, a panel discussion with alumni and faculty titled “Diversity in Music”, moderated by Ms. Bobbi herself, will be presented. Free admission.
- On Wednesday, March 25th starting at 7:30pm at the Jazz Showcase, 806 Plymouth Ct., Chicago, the Bobbi Wilsyn Tribute, featuring Bobbi Wilsyn (Vocals), Miguel de la Cerna (Keys), Charles Heath (Percussion), Dan Anderson (Bass) and alumni, colleagues, friends and invited guests performing. Free for Columbia Students and Faculty.
Bobbi Wilsyn is a singer, actress, educator and motivational speaker. Wilsyn’s musical theatre studies at California State Los Angeles prepared her for roles in the musicals Beehive, Sophisticated Ladies, and It Ain’t Nothin’ But the Blues to name a few. She is presently a professor of instruction at Columbia College Chicago and is the voice studies coordinator in the music department. Ms. Wilsyn has performed and coached jazz singers at regional, national, and international jazz festivals and jazz camps in Canada, Korea, Italy, Sicily, Germany, and Sardinia.
For further details, please contact Joe Cerqua at 312-369-6179 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faculty, Alum on Her Full Circle Experience at Columbia College Chicago
- Yulia Yrkoski on Illustration and Staying True to Yourself
- Audio Engineering Student Kimberly Liwanag on Living the Journey
- Ksenia Rychtycka ’93 Publishes Poetry Chapbook, "A Sky Full of Wings"
- Executive Producer Brian Smego ’97 on Building His Dream Career