CTVA Faculty Brent Kado Awarded Individual Artists Program Grant
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that CTVA faculty Brent Kado has been awarded an Individual Artists Program Grant from the city of Chicago for his crime docuseries podcast “Who Killed Laurel Jean Mitchell?”
The podcast uncovers the connection between a deadly cult and local law enforcement in a rural Indiana community nearly a half-century after the brutal murder of a young girl from the area.
This Individual Artists Program Grant for the project comes on the heels of Kado winning a Columbia College Chicago Faculty Development Grant last year. The project was previously optioned by Columbia alum Amberlee Mucha through Indigo Films. Find updates for the project by following @flowfeelfilms on Instagram.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Artist Leo Selvaggio Uses COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo