Capturing Quarantine: Student Life During a Pandemic
In partnership with College Archive and Special Collections (CASC), Associate Professor Erin McCarthy and her Oral History Honors Students are initiating a new oral history project to document the impact of Covid-19 on the lives of Columbia College Chicago students.
All interviews will be recorded, transcribed, and included in the digital collections of the College Archives and Special Collections, which can be found at colum.edu/archives.
"Future generations will be interested to learn about your daily life during this pandemic," said College Archivist Heidi Marshall in a video message to the students.
"Each oral history brings meaning, definition, and humanity to this crisis and the collective class oral histories add voice to the official college records as told by current students who went through this change."
The interviews will be completed and available to view online by the end of the Spring semester.
- Sahar Mustafah MFA Fiction ’13 Publishes New Novel, The Beauty of Your Face
- Interdisciplinary Artist Leo Selvaggio Uses COVID Experiments for the Common Good
- Weihua Li Focuses on Teaching and Research While at Columbia
- Alexis Kirkpatrick BA ’22 Publishes Story “Mr. Forget- Me-Not?"
- Nick Olson BA ’14 Publishes first Novel, Here’s Waldo