College Art Association Annual Conference to Screen "Work at Hand, Michael K. Paxton" Documentary
A documentary film directed and produced by Columbia College Chicago Associate Professor Peter Hartel will be featured at this year's College Art Association Annual Conference as part of their Offsite Events catalogue.
"Work at Hand, Michael K. Paxton" is about the life and work of painter Michael K. Paxton, a Chicago Artist and Adjunct Faculty of Columbia College Chicago. The film highlights Paxton's humble beginnings in the hills of West Virginia, his battle to overcome stage 4 cancer, and his continued survival 20 years later.
The screening is free and open to the public. It will take place Thursday, February 13 from 6:30 to 8:15 p.m. at the Hokin Lecture Hall of Columbia College Chicago (623 South Wabash Building, First Floor, Room 109). Both Hartel and Paxton will be in attendance.
For more information about the film, visit WorkAtHandFilm.com.
- Russell Gunn on the Trumpet and Building a Life in Music
- Jessie Ann Foley MFA ’12 Publishes Fourth Book, You Know I’m No Good
- Business and Entrepreneurship Faculty Member Inspires Students to Redefine Marketing, Become Creative Change Agents
- Instructor Ryan Black Explores the Wide World of Audio Engineering
- Jerakah Greene ’20 Follows Their Passion to Hometown Following Graduation