Associate Professor David W. Berner to Publish New Book
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that Author David W. Berner, an Associate Professor in the Communication Department, will be releasing his eighth book, Walks with Sam: A Man, a Dog, and a Season of Awakening (Roundfire Books, UK), on September 1, 2020.
In Walks with Sam, Berner sets out on foot hoping to re-examine his life, look back and forward, and most importantly, through the help of his young dog, Sam, try to find harmony in new beginnings and the uncertainties of the present.
Walks with Sam has already found critical acclaim. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Berner's plainspoken manner reveals moments of true enlightenment...dog lovers will adore this book." Indies Today says Walks with Sam is "written with all the wisdom of a renowned philosopher matched with the down-to-earth nature that only a dedicated pet owner could possess." And NetGalley calls the book "wistful and bittersweet. Candid, poignant, and thoughful."
Walks with Sam will be released in paperback, e-book, and audio book format on Amazon, IndieBound, and wherever you buy your books. You can see the book trailer here.
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show
- From a Wild Zapper to Assistant Professor: How Matthew Andersen Found His Way to Columbia
- Game Developer Autumn Scruggs '20 on the New World of Game Developing
- Ears Wide Open: Perfecting the Art of Listening in Creative Communities