Associate Professor David W. Berner to Publish New Book
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that Author David W. Berner, an Associate Professor in the Communication Department, will be releasing his eighth book, Walks with Sam: A Man, a Dog, and a Season of Awakening (Roundfire Books, UK), on September 1, 2020.
In Walks with Sam, Berner sets out on foot hoping to re-examine his life, look back and forward, and most importantly, through the help of his young dog, Sam, try to find harmony in new beginnings and the uncertainties of the present.
Walks with Sam has already found critical acclaim. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Berner's plainspoken manner reveals moments of true enlightenment...dog lovers will adore this book." Indies Today says Walks with Sam is "written with all the wisdom of a renowned philosopher matched with the down-to-earth nature that only a dedicated pet owner could possess." And NetGalley calls the book "wistful and bittersweet. Candid, poignant, and thoughful."
Walks with Sam will be released in paperback, e-book, and audio book format on Amazon, IndieBound, and wherever you buy your books. You can see the book trailer here.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced