DocYourWorld Students Win Big with "Soleful"
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that Interdisciplinary Documentary students Layla Dade, Julia Harrold, and Diana Mardari have been honored for the film they created in the Spring 2020 DocYour World class taught by Cinema and Television Arts faculty member Michael Caplan and English and Creative Writing faculty member Aviya Kushner.
The creators of the film won First Place at the Bronzeville Film Festival and a $5,000 scholarship. The festival took place on line on the DuSable Museum's Facebook Live site on August 2, where the three filmmakers were interviewed and the film was shown. The film focuses on a Bronzeville based shoe maker, Yohance Lacour, and his struggle to get past his difficult childhood.
The film has been covered by WTTW. Follow the course @docyourworld or @columcinematv.
- Pax Helgesen ’15 on the Road to Creating Audio for Games
- Photography Alum, Guggenheim Fellow on How Columbia Helped Shape and Inform Her Practice
- “Artists and Models” Exhibition: Students Across Campus Tell the Story of the South Side Community Art Center
- Association for Popular Music Education is Breaking New Ground at Columbia
- Cartoons That Make You Think: Political Cartoon Contest 2021 Winners Announced