DocYourWorld Students Win Big with "Soleful"
Columbia College Chicago is proud to announce that Interdisciplinary Documentary students Layla Dade, Julia Harrold, and Diana Mardari have been honored for the film they created in the Spring 2020 DocYour World class taught by Cinema and Television Arts faculty member Michael Caplan and English and Creative Writing faculty member Aviya Kushner.
The creators of the film won First Place at the Bronzeville Film Festival and a $5,000 scholarship. The festival took place on line on the DuSable Museum's Facebook Live site on August 2, where the three filmmakers were interviewed and the film was shown. The film focuses on a Bronzeville based shoe maker, Yohance Lacour, and his struggle to get past his difficult childhood.
The film has been covered by WTTW. Follow the course @docyourworld or @columcinematv.
- Adjunct Instructor and Academy Award Nominee John Hancock on Fearlessness, Directing, and the Next Chapter
- Columbia Faculty Member Wins Awards for Broadway Show
- From a Wild Zapper to Assistant Professor: How Matthew Andersen Found His Way to Columbia
- Game Developer Autumn Scruggs '20 on the New World of Game Developing
- Ears Wide Open: Perfecting the Art of Listening in Creative Communities