Emma Draves to Premier "The Nearest Place"
Adjunct dance faculty member Emma Draves will premier her newest performance, "The Nearest Place," at the end of the month.
The show, presented by Draves and Project Bound Dance and featuring the music of Thor Bremer & Stephanie Young, promises to exhibit a "cozy evening of music and dance exploring themes of safety, hibernation, intimacy, and empathy."
The split-bill will include a mix of new and previous works, with Draves premiering "Succour" and "With Every Breath I Die."
The evening also features live music from collaborating artists Thor Bremer and Stephanie Young of Nine Worlds Ensemble.
The performance will be held at Links Hall, 3111 N Western Ave, and runs from February 28 to March 1, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. each night.
Tickets are $18 for General Admission and $15 for Student/Senior Admission. For more information and to purchase tickets visit www.projectbound.dance.
- Filmmaker Thavary Krouch, MFA ’13, Wants You to Know You are a Success
- English and Creative Writing Department Introduces New Literary magazine, Allium, A Journal of Poetry & Prose
- Columbia College Chicago Announces 2021-22 Art Now! Lecture Series
- Fashion Expert Flora Brunetti is Back: On Teaching, Mentoring, and Taking Good Risks
- Aleksei Borovikov MFA ’22 Gets Class and Passion Projects Noticed in Film Festivals